Advanced Practice Provider- Psychiatry
Employees in this position are responsible for augmenting a supervising physician's data gathering abilities to reach decisions and institute patient care plans. Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of a Physician.
• Provides patient services under direct supervision and responsibility of Physician and/or Medical Director. Provides health care to mentally ill inmates, properly documents finding and plan in the medical record in a timely fashion, according to TDCJ and TTUHSC policy, completes other required paperwork associated with care at primary units.
• Provides health care to mentally ill inmates at secondary facilities that do not currently have providers with prescribing privileges, properly documents finding and plan in the medical record in a timely fashion according to TDCJ and TTUHSC policies and procedures, completes other required paperwork associated with care at secondary facility.
• Orders medical tests/examination in accordance with TDCJ and TTUHSC Correctional Managed Health care protocol and contract provisions.
• Takes regional evening and weekend call based on a rotation schedule.
• Coordinates with medical and mental health staff at primary and secondary units for the treatment of mentally ill inmates.
About Managed Care:
Since 1989, TTUHSC Managed Care has been providing clinical and operational support to correctional facilities throughout West Texas and other regional areas. We serve approximately 30,000 patients utilizing a broad range of comprehensive medical and health services. TTUHSC Managed Care strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, to include many who had no previous access to quality health care. Learn more about TTUHSC Managed Care HERE
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
Graduation from a Physician Assistant's training program approved by the Council on Allied Health Education Accreditation of the American Medical Association. Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. Certification as a Physician Assistant as evidenced by passing the examinations given by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants. OR Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a nurse practitioner from an approved certification program recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer license to Texas. Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from an approved certification program as recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer certification to Texas.
Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.