Auditor I (City of Austin Employees Only)
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Notes to Applicants
- Resume and cover letter are required and will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
- A detailed, complete employment application helps us to better evaluate your qualifications, and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position.
- A skill based assessment may be administered to candidates selected for interview.
Information For City Employees:
If you are an employee within the Office of the City Auditor and are also in good standing and meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position, you will be included in the initial interview.
$25.02 - $27.73
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm (hours may vary).
Job Close Date
Type of Posting Reserved for City Employees
Department Office Of The City Auditor
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 200 W. Cesar Chavez St., Ste. 200 Austin, TX 78701
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards Knowledge of performance auditing techniques.
- Experience auditing municipal government programs/operations for effectiveness/efficiency
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Conduct interviews and meetings with external clients to elicit useful, relevant, and reliable information.
Collect and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data, extracting information that is significant to the project.
Conduct research on subject matters related to the project.
Document information and conclusions in an organized and useful manner.
Use collected information to support conclusions.
Develop clear, concise, timely, and accurate written summaries.
Demonstrate increasing mastery of performance auditing processes, procedures and techniques.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Possess and maintain the highest standards of conduct, honesty, and loyalty in both official and personal matters.
- This position is not responsible for supervising.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to appropriate professional standards, including the Government Auditing Standards.
- Ability to master steep learning curves regarding government organizations, programs, activities, functions, and, where applicable, their interrelations with the private and not for profit sectors.
- Ability to solicit, receive, analyze, and use information provided by office staff and external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and implement appropriate standards of care in all scopes of work.
- Ability to complete assigned duties and functions in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to demonstrate continuous learning and growth by developing a new skill or pursuing a professional certification.
- Proficient at collecting information according to an established project plan.
- Proficient at working with others to achieve a project goal or objective.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate facts; make sound, objective assessments and observations; and where appropriate, make constructive recommendations.
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Do you meet these requirements?
* Are you currently an employee of the City of Austin?
* Are you a current employee with the Office of the City Auditor department?
* If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents