Equipment Operator – Dump Truck
A Equipment Operator job is available with The City of Fort Worth Water Department in our Field Operations Division. Field Operations is the largest division of the Water Department and as an integral function of the maintenance of the City of Fort Worth's infrastructure, Field Operations operates with an exceptionally high level of customer service, productivity, and quality of work product, while continually striving for new improvements in our technology and processes.
Equipment Operator job responsibilities include:
- Operate a variety of motorized equipment related to construction and maintenance.
- Operate a variety of hand tools.
- Assist in traffic control.
- Load and unload material and equipment.
- Assist in the construction, repair, maintenance and inspection of water and wastewater utilities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two years professional experience in the operation of motorized equipment including dump truck with a trailer is required and will be tested.
- Texas Class A CDL driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- A minimum TCEQ Class D Water Distribution Operator license will be required within six months of hire.
- A minimum TCEQ Type I Wastewater Collection System Operator license will be required within six months of hire.
- At least two years of experience in construction, utilities repair, field work or maintenance.
- Previous water or wastewater experience.
- Participation in overtime as needed, including nights, weekends, and holiday and a rotating on call beeper.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen/physical and in order to obtain TCEQ license, you must be able to pass a written test and criminal background check.
- Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
Closing Date/Time: 1/26/21