MC Patient Services Specialist
This position is responsible for assuring smooth operation of the flow in a correctional facility medical clinic. Employees serve as primary contacts for patients and are responsible for preparing necessary paperwork before patient visits, receiving patients, and maintaining records. In addition, this position may be responsible for coordinating other clinic services, responding to requests for patient information, and maintaining related information for the department. Employees in this classification receive general supervision. Most work is performed according to established procedures; problems of an unusual nature are referred to supervisor. Work is performed in a medical clinic setting in a correctional facility and may require a high degree of contact with patients, facility staff, and other partners.
- This is an entry level, clerical position that supports the Values Based Culture of Texas Tech University Health Science Center.
- Manage daily activities on pods.
- Assist with patient scheduling and appointments.
- Admission and discharge of patients (chain in or out).
- Assist with patient moves.
- Assist with maintaining bed boards.
- Effectively communicate with TTUHSC and TDCJ staff.
- Assist mental health clinicians with library book carts.
About Managed Care:
Since 1989, TTUHSC Managed Care has been providing clinical and operational support to correctional facilities throughout West Texas and other regional areas. We serve approximately 30,000 patients utilizing a broad range of comprehensive medical and health services. TTUHSC Managed Care strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, to include many who had no previous access to quality health care. Learn more about TTUHSC Managed Care HERE
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC :
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Take care of yourself and your family, Enjoy some of the best benefits in the state of Texas:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Training provided
- Continuing education
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Retiree Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Leadership Program
- State Pension
Other duties as required for organizational and departmental effectiveness.
One (1) year customer service, office, or related experience required. Additional education may substitute for the experience requirement.
Prefer experience in psychiatric/medical and/or correctional setting, computer skills (especially MS Office) and medical terminology.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. To view this report, visit the TTUHSC Clery Act website .