Neighborhood Development Specialist
Pay Range: $53,843 - $69,996 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Neighborhood Development Specialist job is available with the City of Fort Worth Neighborhood Services Department in the Housing and Neighborhood Development division. The Housing and Neighborhood Development division manages several federal grants including HOME, CDBG, ESG and HOPWA.
This position is not a remote opportunity and is physically located at 908 Monroe St. Ft. Worth, TX, 76102. Work hours will be 8am - 5pm with some nights and weekends required to attend community meetings and events.
- This is a Full-Time position working 40 hours with benefits
- This position is grant funded
- Work Schedule may vary depending on assignments
The Neighborhood Development Specialist job responsibilities include:
- Community development and program implementation
- Assist in the administration of programs
- Project management
- Work on strategic neighborhood redevelopment in targeted areas
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning, or Real Estate or related field
- Three years of experience with federal grants, state housing tax credits, real estate development
- Master's degree
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Tuesday, July 05, 2022