WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist.
OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-inspired values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment as a high performance organization
General supervision is provided by the Aquatics Supervisor. The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety of Aquatic team members, customers and patrons who visit the facilities and to manage the day-to-day operation of the facility. Will supervise team members, enforce policies and practices, oversee the McKinney Swim School Program, plan and administer in-service training and provide quality customer service. Perform maintenance duties under the direction of the Aquatic Supervisor and Aquatic Specialist. Work with the public to achieve high customer service standards. Provide back-up support to other areas of the Parks and Recreation Department as needed and work special events. The pool manager is responsible for keeping fit and rescue skills at exceptional standards.
Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the safety of Aquatic Team Members and the members, customers and patrons who visit the facilities.
- Supervise Aquatic Team Members and give direction to accomplish daily goals and objectives; set rotation; finding replacements for absent staff; monitor the number of guards needed, and placement of guard stands; ensure appropriate ratio of swim instructors to patrons; ensure proper use of safety equipment; monitor the behavior and professionalism of the aquatic team.
- Day to day operations including opening and closing the facility and completing cash reports.
- Oversee McKinney Swim School Program, provide swim lesson evaluations, instructor evaluations, and session preparation.
- Plan and execute in-service training.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the facilities.
- Ensure the appropriate pool chemistry to include daily chemical checks, regular checks, disinfecting and filtering.
- Maintain records including incident reports, insuring AED is in proper working order, report unlogged employee hours; disinfect pool, and troubleshooting issues.
- Report staff issues to supervisor and recommend disciplinary action; monitor inventory of supplies and ensure appropriate levels are on hand.
- Comply with all city policies and procedures, including those defined in the City of McKinney Employee Handbook
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in city and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Travel to other facilities as necessary to attend meetings and trainnig and cover staffing shortages
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Minimum age - 18.
- Extensive knowledge of the McKinney Parks and Recreation department and the Aquatics area to give accurate information and quality customer service to the public; working knowledge of aquatics activities, McKinney Swim School Program, Lifeguarding, CPR and first Aid.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public, especially children.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Ability to build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Minimum age - 18.
- Must have American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification training with CPR/First Aid for the Professional Rescuer.
- Must have McKinney Swim School Instructor certification or the ability to obtain on employment.
- Two (2) seasons of experience with City of McKinney Aquatics.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with the public, especially children.
- Must be available for rotating schedules that will include weekends and evenings; may be required to travel to other facilities to fulfill staffing needs or attend meetings.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must pass a drug screen, driving record check, and background check.
- Must have a valid Texas Class C driver's license.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous