Professional Development Specialist
Recognized as a "Great College to Work For - Honor Roll," TTUHSC provides much more than just a job! Ready for a rewarding career where you can develop and grow? Join us as we change the future of health care.
Great People Development Team! * State Pension Plan! * Excellent Benefits! * Paid Holidays!
This position offers workplace flexibility with a hybrid remote work potential.
Plans and coordinates educational programs for employees and managers of the TTUHSC Managed Care organization by performing the following duties. Support the Office of People and Values (OPV) team by performing duties related to the planning and directing of OPV operational activities. Directly supports Managed Care for values support and professional development education.
The following values align with HSC's culture:
- One Team - Unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- Kindhearted - Exceed expectations with a kind heart helping hands and a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Be honorable and accountable even when no one is looking.
- Visionary - Nurture innovative ideas bold explorations and a pioneering spirit.
- Beyond Service - Create and deliver positive defining moments.
- Conducts needs analysis studies to determine educational development needs within Managed Care organization.
- Confers with management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring team members to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as individual development, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as lesson plans, educational handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Assists in the administration and evaluation procedures at completion of educational opportunities for future improvements to content and presentation.
- Conducts educational development sessions covering specified areas such as the Values Welcome Events, customer service, refresher, upgrade, and leadership development.
- Monitors the effectiveness of educational opportunities on team members using individual or group performance results.
- Contributes to new educational program design and existing program enhancements within the OPV team.
- Educational programs may typically include topics such as supervisory/management education, work skills, team building, and communications. Revises and recommends design of educational curriculum and methods to improvement effectiveness.
- Coordinate varying priorities, tasks, and workloads.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field plus three years related experience or a combination of education and experience to equal seven years.
- Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD).
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
- Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR).
- Experience coordinating events both virtually and in-person.
- Experience working in education, healthcare, or civil service.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. To view this report, visit the TTUHSC Clery Act website .