Senior Administrative Assistant – (Central/District)
San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Senior Administrative Assistant - (Central/District)
Note to Applicants: This position will be temporarly located at the Central Campus. Within 6 months, the position will move to the District location at 4620 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena Texas 77504.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide administrative support to the following areas: Auxiliary Services, Finance, Internal Audit, OEM and SHERM. Includes, among other tasks, ordering supplies, and preparing and processing EPAFs, requisitions and invoices. Processes P-card statements and maintains P-card records and expenditures as necessary. Coordinates travel arrangements and processes related reimbursements. Monitors the department budgets and processes budget transfers as necessary.
- Assist OEM with documentation and recordkeeping of the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and input information into software systems and databases.
- Assist OEM with the development of the College Business Continuity of Operations Plan by receiving and organizing data from participating departments.
- Prepare spreadsheets, presentations, reports and documents as needed.
- Assist OEM with recordkeeping and documentation of preparedness / readiness and testing procedures.
- Maintain emergency information databases, contact/notification systems at the district level (maintain systems on all campuses).
Additional Job Functions:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings. Record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Serve as a member of the incident management team, transporting items between campuses in College vehicle.
- Facilitate the Districtwide Emergency Drill Calendar, scheduling all drills with OEM and participating Departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage recordkeeping and documentation of equipment inventory, equipment readiness and testing records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in various software packages including Microsoft Office Suites - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent public relation and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to resolve administrative situations or problems in the absence of supervisor
- Able to make judgments and decisions to keep office functioning smoothly in absence of supervisor.
- Self-starter with team player attitude.
- Ability to travel to various site locations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient use of Ellucian Banner software preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Above requirement plus one year of specialized or technical training beyond high school
- Three years of office, clerical or administrative support experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Above requirement including one or more years in an emergency management, higher education, public administration, or safety environment.
- One or more years with accounting/finance administrative functional experience.
- Valid Texas Driver License with an acceptable driving recordor other valid driver license with an acceptable driving record and the abilityto obtain a Texas driver license within 90 days of employment.
- NIMS IS 700, 800, 100, and 200.
- CPR Provider.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Sitting, Standing, Walking
Note: The duties of this position require a physical presence at the assigned on-site work location during unrestricted operations with very limited or no opportunity for remote work arrangements.
Salary Grade: 14
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req3347
Posting Close Date: 9/24/2021