Skilled Leasing Consultant
Location: Austin, Texas, 73301, United States
Job ID: 54230335
Position Title: Skilled Leasing Consultant
Company Name: Firmus Management
Classification: Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager
Summary/Objective The leasing consultant is responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of your assigned property. As a Leasing Consultant with Firmus Management LLC, you will play an important role with the onsite management team. Our Leasing Consultants look forward to working with an exceptionally skilled and highly trained team, geared to support your efforts to be successful. Our Leasing Consultants are people who make a big impact in many small ways - a friendly smile, a welcoming handshake, a genuine interest in the people walking through the property office door. Our Leasing Consultants create a positive and lasting influence on visitors, prospects, and residents, and understand the importance of first impressions.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws through Grace Hill.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Consistently contacting and following up on leads and tracking and organizing all leads.
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available "market ready", communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients' needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new residents' signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Accept rental payments and give immediately to Assistant Community Manager.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on Yardi System accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Results Driven
Supervisor Responsibility This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and a rotating Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel No travel required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years' experience in previous relevant customer service
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Two (2) years' experience in multifamily housing
Additional Eligibility Qualifications None required for this position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Must be eligible to work in the United States
Firmus Management LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Firmus Management LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Firmus Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Firmus Management LLC's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time