Sr. Construction Inspector
Pay Range: $49,610 - $62,013 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Construction Inspector job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation & Public Works Department, Capital Delivery Division. The selected candidate will be responsible for supervising, reviewing and understanding plans and overseeing construction projects involving utility, storm drainage, concrete and asphalt paving for conformance with plans, specification and contracts. This individual will establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, utilities, the general public and other employees. The Candidate should be a responsible, dependable and extremely detail oriented individual who is willing to learn.
The Sr. Construction Inspector job responsibilities include:
- Leads staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring staff is trained in their areas of work including construction inspection methods, techniques, and the set up and use of equipment; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment;
- Reviews proposed change orders for scope of work and appropriate pricing. Evaluates and makes recommendations on proposed changes. Participates in negotiating change orders; prepare final edition of change order;
- Schedules and attends pre-construction meetings and final inspections
- Conducts Site Inspections on Complex projects
- Ensures compliance with building and construction standards, codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Acts as liaison between contractors and the general public with respect to various construction projects;
- A strong interpersonal, management, and excellent communications skills with the unique ability to be able to transfer these concepts clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with the development community and internal City staff;
- Promote, establish, and maintain effective working relationships; and
- Knowledge of and expertise with Microsoft Office Suite;
- HS diploma/GED supplemented by college level course work in Engineering, Architecture Construction or a related field
- Three years of Construction Inspection experience involving the construction and maintenance of public works systems and structures.
- Position is responsible for driving a City vehicle. Candidate must possess a valid Texas Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
Must pass the City of Fort Worth Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) prior to job placement.
- Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- At least two years' experience with water/sewer, storm drainage, concrete/asphalt
- At least two years' supervisory experience
- Ability to work overtime/call back hours during weekdays, weekends and holidays
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Tuesday, July 05, 2022