Sr. Equipment Operator – Backhoe
A Sr. Equipment Operator - Backhoe job is available with The City of Fort Worth Water Department in our Field Operations Division. Field Operations is the largest division of the Water Department and a s an integral function of the maintenance of the City of Fort Worth's infrastructure, Field Operations operates with an exceptionally high level of customer service, productivity, and quality of work product, while continually striving for new improvements in our technology and processes. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with operating construction equipment such as Backhoes.
Sr. Equipment Operator - Backhoe job responsibilities include:
- Operate complex equipment such as cranes, bulldozers, trenching machines, back hoes and service trucks.
- Maintain records of equipment used and operations performed.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of equipment and materials.
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled tasks related to completion of assigned jobs.This includes water and sewer system repair and replacement, cutting branches, operating jackhammers, shoveling asphalt, mowing, cleaning and other duties.
- Ensure preventative maintenance on equipment is completed as required and i nspect equipment before and after use.
- Perform all assigned tasks and work with crew leader to remove any unsafe working conditions.
- Assist with setting up traffic cones and barriers.
- Cut branches, operate a jackhammer, shovel asphalt, mow, clean and perform other necessary duties to complete work.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least three years previous professional experience in the operation of motorized equipment such as backhoe, truck and tractor is required and will be tested.
- Possession of a Texas Class A CDL driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Possession of or ability to obtain TCEQ Type I or Type D license within six months of hire. In order to obtain this license you must be able to pass a written test and criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Experience working in construction, field operations, or maintenance.
- Prior utilities work experience.
- Prior experience supervising or leading a work crew in related field.
Closing Date/Time: 1/26/21